Tuesday, February 26, 2013

HAND PRINTED LOVIN'

Perusing fabric samples is a daily pleasure for me - whether it's for a custom order or my own designs, I really love seeing the variety available.

However, I must admit, the fabrics that I keep coming back to time and time again, are beautifully hand or screen printed. They simply tickle my fancy.


Top: 'Oh Deer' - Aunty Cookie  |  L: 'Wings & Wheels' - Mookah  |  R: 'Robots' - 2 Little Flowers


The prints are bold, striking, simple and have a wonderful 'handmade' quality to them. The differences in each cut or panel of fabric gives the printed designs character and ensures they are completely unique.

Towards the end of last year I decided that in 2013 Pollykinz Designs was going embrace the concept of 'handmade' to the fullest extent and utilise hand or screen printed fabrics in my own designs. I have begun with a cute new range of Alien Softie Toys! I am ultra excited to also note that the beautiful bright red car fabric and cute little fairies are both produced by Australian designers - Sprout Design and Saffron Craig.


L: 'Edward' Alien Softie  |  R: 'Hattie' Alien Softie


Whilst this is only the beginning of my endeavour to incorporate such beautiful fabrics into Pollykinz Designs products, it has meant I have discovered a fabulous world of hand and screen printed fabrics from designers across the globe, and increased the number of "Oooo, that's pretty!" cries heard coming from my work space.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment